How to make Salmon Teppanyaki?
This recipe is loved by my entire family which says something as my oldest is the fussiest. This recipe is from Mustaq Brey’s Autobiography, 60 Years of Family, Friendship and Food.
It is also one of my most treasured recipe books. He combined his life story with recipes his family loves and the stories behind them. It’s an amazing read.
We received his permission to repost this recipe.
- 500 gr Norwegian Salmon fillets
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 green chilli chopped (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley and some for garnishing
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Sesame seeds to garnishing
Photo by thepencilbox.co.za
- Mix together all ingredients except salmon.
- Marinate the salmon with the prepared mixture for at least 2 hours. Keep refrigerated.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Fry for 4 minutes, skin side first, and then 3 minutes on the other side. (This depends on the thickness of your salmon)
- Garnish with parsley and sesame seeds.
- Service with savoury rice and vegetable stir fry.