How to make Thai Green Curry?
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 50g Thai Green Curry Paste (half it if like a less spicy curry)
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 300g fillet chicken, cut into thin strips
- Zest of 1 small lime
- Vegetables such as baby corn, mange tout, carrots, broccoli
- Juice of 1 small lime that you just zested
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup cashew cups
- Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok or pot, add the curry paste, garlic, ginger and stir fry the paste for 1 minute.
- Flatten the lemon grass with a rolling pin and add to the wok.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Reduce heat, add the chicken and lime zest. Cook until the chicken is almost done.
- Add the veg and stir fry until veg is cooked.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts and give it one cook before turning it off.
- Remove the lemon grass stalks.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander.
- Serve with sticky rice such as Jasmine.