How to make Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup?
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 500gr chicken breast cut into thin strips
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass. Chopped finely (optional)
- 6 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 250gr 3mm rice noodles
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped dhanya/coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- Marinate chicken with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pot. Add the chicken and fry until brown and remove from the pot.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and pepper. Cook until tender about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass and red curry paste. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and coconut milk
- Add the chicken back to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles, fish sauce and sugar. Cook until the pasta is soft.
- Remove from heat and season with lime juice, pepper, dhanya, salt and pepper.