How to make Dynamite Prawns?
I remember the first time I tried Dynamite Prawn/Shrimp in Dubai. It blew my mind. I’ve been looking for a great recipe and this one was the closest I’ve found.
Adapted from dinnerthedessert.com
- 500 gr shelled and deveined prawns
- 1 cups flour
- 1/2 cup maizena/cornflour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp garlic and chilli salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup cold soda water
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (kewpie mayo is preferred)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Once prepared, it’s best to fry these prawns immediately to prevent the batter from sticking to the container.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and dip the prawns in the flour mixture. Remove and set aside.
- Add the soda water to the remaining flour mixture until it becomes a batter.
- Dip the prawns in this batter as well.
- Fry them in oil until golden brown. 2-3 minutes
- Make the sauce by whisking together all the sauce ingredients.
- Mix the sauce with the fried prawns.
- It can be served with coleslaw, savoury rice or most famously in a large martini glass over a bed of lettuce.
Enjoy and don't be so... share it!